Industrial Wood Finishing
What is industrial wood finishing?
Indusrial wood finishing is a complicated process that can drastically alter the appearance of cabinets and represents about a quarter of the cost of the product. It's important that professional wood finishers know the answers to these following questions:
Professional wood finishers need to know:
- How do wood properties affect finishing?
- What are the best types of coatings to use as well as application processes and equipment?
- How to test the quality of wood finishes?
- What environmental regulations affect finishing practices?
- How can I meet these regulations without compromising on quality or price?
Industrial wood finishing requires knowledge on wood properties, colour theory, chemical processes, application methods, pre-treatments, coating types, application and curing equipment and automation, safety, environmental considerations, quality control and testing methods, as well as economics.